About the Conference
We welcome papers that focus on survey research methodology, including but not restricted to:
- Interviewing and questionnaire design
- Sampling issues
- Nonresponse and incentives
- Measurement issues, including issues of cross-cultural comparisons
- Statistical techniques for analyzing survey data
- Applying and/or combining technologies (e.g., online, web, and GIS social media) for doing survey research
- Using sources of information (e.g., big data, or paradata) to complement survey data
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Only abstracts submitted to the conference website by 5 March 2019 will be considered.
- The online submission website will be open on 1 January 2019.
- Abstracts should not exceed 300 words. All submissions must be in English, and all accepted works are to be presented in English. Abstracts generally include a description of the research with specific research questions or hypotheses, methods, and results, if available at the time of submission.
- Submitters will be notified of the result by 31 March 2019 by email. The submitter is the primary contact person and is responsible for notifying all co-authors of acceptance, rejection and any other information provided.
- Norbert Schwarz (Provost Professor of Psychology and Marketing, University of Southern California)
Title: How Respondents Answer Questions: Lessons from 3 Decades of Cognitive Research
- Michael Link (Division Vice President, Data Science, Surveys, and Enabling Technologies, Abt Associates)
Title: The Relevance of “Data Science” for Survey Research: Finding Solutions in an Ever-Changing Data World
- Brady T. West (Research Associate Professor, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor)
Title: The Study of Interviewer Effects: The State of the Science and Necessary Future Directions
Presenters and non-presenters are welcome to the conference and workshops. The registration rates are as follows.
Conference Only: NTD $2,000
One Workshop Only: NTD $2,000
Conference and One Workshop: NTD $3,000
Two Workshops: NTD $3,000
Conference and Two Workshops: NTD $5,000
Students receive a 50% discount of the above rates.
The Conference Banquet (night of 8 August) can be booked at an additional charge of NTD$800.